Norman P. Henry. One of the popular young business men of Mansfield, and a member of one of the oldest families
of Richland County, is Norman P. Henry, who is secretary and treasurer of the G. & H. Supply Company, 131 East
5th Street. He was born in this city, March 25, 1890, the son of Norman P. and Emma (Hipp) Henry.
Norman P. Henry, deceased, was a widely known and highly esteemed citizen of Mansfield. He was born in Monroe Township,
Richland County, the son of Robert Henry, a native of Pennsylvania, who settled on a farm in Monroe Township Richland
County during the early days. His son, Norman P., was reared and educated in Monroe Township and was a harness
maker by trade. He engaged in business for many years with George W. Zeliner, in Mansfield. Mr. Henry died in 1916
and is buried in Mansfield. He was a Democrat and took an active and prominent part in local politics, having served
as president of the city council. He was also a member of the school board. He belonged to the Knights of Pythias
and was a Past Master of Mansfield Lodge, F. & A. M. No. 35. Emma (Hipp) Henry was born at Bucyrus, Ohio, and
still lives in Mansfield. Three sons were born to Mr. and Mrs. Henry; Norman P., the subject of this sketch; Harold
and Robert L., both live in Mansfield.
Norman P. Henry obtained his education in the public and high schools of Mansfield, and began his business career
with Roderick Lean Company, Mansfield, as a clerk. He later became manager of the credit and collection department,
and in August, 1925, was active in the organization of the G. & H. Supply Company, jobbers in agricultural
implements and supplies. Mr. Henry is secretary and treasurer of the Company and is associated with William H.
Gugler as president and Ralph Hoffman vice president and sales manager.
On June 7, 1924 Mr. Henry married Miss Esther Farber, the daughter of Harry B. and Cornelia F. Farber, of Bellville,
Ohio, now residents of Mansfield. Mr. and Mrs. Henry have two children: Marjorie G., born Nov. 16, 1927; and Norman
P., III, born June 20, 1930.
Mr. Henry is a member of the Baptist Church, and is affiliated with Mansfield Lodge F. & A. M. No. 35, Mansfield
Chapter R. A. M. No. 28, and Mansfield Council R. & S. M. M. No. 94. He is also a member of the exchange Club
History of North Central Ohio
Embracing Richland, Ashland, Wayne,
Medina, Lorin, Huron and Knox Counties
BY: William A. Duff
Historical Publishing Company
North Central Ohio Biographies
Names A to C
Names D to G
Names H to K
Names L to P
Names Q to S
Names T to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium