CHARLES B. FORNI.
Among the citizens of Napa county who have built up highly creditable reputations and have distinguished themselves
by right and honorable living is Charles B. Forni, another of the large band of foreign born citizens who have
done such commendable work in the upbuilding of the county. He has much of the characteristic energy, persistency
and thrift of the Italian people, and he is loyal to his adopted country, proving himself a good citizen in the
truest sense of the word. Mr. Forni was born in Italy on the 4th of September, 1886. His father had come to California
in 1870 and resided for several years in the Napa valley, but he subsequently returned to his native land and there
spent the remainder of his days.
Charles B. Forni was reared on his father's farm in Italy and learned the business of grape growing and wine making.
In 1902 he came to California, joining his cousin, Antonio Forni, at St. Helena. The latter had come to the Napa
valley in 1882 and had been successfully engaged in the grape growing and wine making business. Some time after
coming here, our subject acquired a one third interest in his cousin's enterprise, and after the latter's death
he continued the partnership with the widow. Their place is located about two miles north of St. Helena, on the
public highway, and is known as "The Lombardi Wine Cellar." Mr. Forni also owns a third interest in the
E. E. Light vineyard and winery in Calistoga. His record since coming here has been one of persistent and indefatigable
industry, and he is accounted one of the enterprising and successful men of his section of the county.
Mr. Forni is a member of the order of Druids, the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, the Foresters and the Italian
Club. He is married and has two children, Elmer and Charles.
History of Solano County, California
BY: Marguerite Hune
Napa County, California
BY: Harry Lawrence Gunn
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Napa County, CA
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium