THE WELDER RATIONAL BANK.
The Welden National Bank is located in the Welden House Block, next door to the Postoffice, on Bank Street.
It began business April 26, 1886. The Welden National is organized on a broad and liberal basis. It is closely
allied to the progress and prosperity of the community, and its wise and prudent management has brought it a large
volume of business, while the names of its officers and directors, embracing several of the best known men in Vermont
— men of acknowledged financial and business ability — insures confidence in the institution. The capital of the
Welden Bank is $100,000 pos last statement shows deposits amounting to $198,260.26; loans and discounts, $271,731.46;
surplus and undivided profits, $34,251.96. The officers of the institution are: J. Gregory Smith, President; E.
C. Smith, Vice-President;;. F. Stewart Stranahan, Cashier; John C. Stranahan, Assistant Cashier. The directory
is composed of J. Gregory Smith, E. C. Smith, J. W. Hobart, J. M. Foss, D. D. Ranlett, B. Smalley, F. Stewart Stranahan.
PEOPLES TRUST COMPANY.
The Peoples Trust Co. of St. Albans was chartered in 1886, and began business January 17, 1887. Its capital
is $50,000 and its deposits amount to about $210,000, representing 839 open accounts. The institution conducts
a strictly savings bank business, and is very conservative. Out of aggregate investments of over $200,000, over
$100,000s in town, city and municipal bonds. The officers of the company are: J. Gregory Smith, President; D. Ranlett,
Vice President; John Branch, Treasurer. The directory embraces J. Gregory Smith, D. D. Ranlett, J. M. Foss, W.
Witters, Olin Merrill, H. M. Stevens, E. C. Smith.
Advantages, Resources and Attraction of
St. Albans, VT.
Published for the Board of Trade
Franklin County, VT
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium