Boise City National Bank
From a modest beginning in a frontier town to the largest and strongest institution in a wealthy and growing State
is an enviable record, but such is the history of the Boise City National Bank. The bank was organized in April,
1886, by Alfred Eoff, H. B. Eastman, Joseph Perrault, and others, with a capital of $100,000. Mr. Eoff, (well known
to the bankers of the Pacific Coast) was elected cashier and manager and occupied that position for over twenty
years, and until the sale of the stock of the bank to the present management in July, 1906. In the death of Mr.
Eoff last year the community suffered the loss of a valuable citizen and the banking fraternity a sound financier
of the old school. The other officers were: Henry Wadsworth, president; H. B. Eastman, vice president; Joseph Perrault,
assistant cashier. In July, 1888, Mr. Perrault resigned and Walter S. Bruce was elected to succeed him. The only
changes in the officers from this time until the change in the control was the election of H. B. Eastman as president
in January, 1904, to succeed Mr. Wadsworth, and the election of Mr. Regan as vice president.
In July, 1906, the control of the bank passed into new hands, all of the old directors retiring except Mr. Regan
and Mr. Eastman. The new officers elected were: F. R. Coffin, president; Timothy Regan, vice president; J. E. Clinton,
Jr., cashier; Fred Brown and B. W. Walker. assistant cashiers. The business and influence of the institution has
steadily increased and the management has established a reputation for being progressive and conservative. This
bank is one of the few institutions that can show an uninterrupted period of growth. During the financial flurry
of last year their deposits showed a marked increase, and they were enabled to extend aid to a great number of
banks in southern Idaho. This fact, together with the general policy of caring for their correspondents and customers,
has given them connections with nearly every point in the Northwest.
The Boise City National Bank is the government depository for the State of Idaho and has been specially designated
as depository for the post office department. Their capital is now $250,000, with a surplus and profits of $150,000.
A recent statement shows their deposits two million and a quarter; loans over a million and a half, and cash and
sight exchange one million, making their reserve over 40 per cent.
The bank occupies its own modern office building, a massive stone structure worth a quarter of a million dollars.
The entire fourth floor of the building is occupied by the Boise Commercial Club, it having been prepared for them
especially by the bank.
Sketches of the Inter-Mountain States
1847 - 1909
Utah Idaho Nevada
Published by: The Salt Lake Tribune
Salt Lake City, Utah 1909
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium