DAVAULT MARTIN, farmer, P. O. Kasson, is a son of John and Margaret (Bower) Martin, natives of Germany, who
came to Philadelphia in 1835, and to McKean county in 1844, and settled at Teutonia. They were the parents of eight
children, of whom Davault is the eldest son. He was born in Philadelphia June 30, 1836. He received his education
in the common schools of McKean county, and spent his boyhood days upon the farm with his parents until twenty
one years of age. When he reached his majority, he began work for himself as a laborer, and August 24, 1864, married
Miss Elizabeth M. Hafner, a daughter of Christopher and Elizabeth (May) Hafner. His wife died April 11, 1878, leaving
four children: John C., Edward D., Philip W. and Minnie E. Four years before marriage Mr. Martin purchased the
farm on which he now resides, and on which he has erected a fine residence. Mr. Martin has served as jury commissioner
for three years, and has held various township offices. He is a member of McKean Lodge, No. 388, F. & A. M.,
Bradford Chapter, No. 260, and Trinity Commandery, No. 58, K. T.
History of the Counties of
McKean, Elk and Forest,
With Biographical Selections.
J. H. Beers & Co., Publishers
McKean County, PA Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium