J. F. KELLY, proprietor of livery, Kane, is a native of Pennsylvania, born in Buckingham township, Wayne county,
in 1856, a son of John Kelly. He remained with his parents until 1872, when he entered the employ of the Delaware
& Hudson Canal Company, and later was employed on the Hudson river. He afterward returned to his native town,
and still later located at Warren, Penn., where he was engaged in the lumber trade. In 1888 he bought a residence
in Kane, and in April, 1889, purchased the livery stable of L. Davis & Co., and now has the only first class
livery in the borough. He has a good stock of horses, carriages, buggies, etc., and is prepared to furnish any
kind of outfit desired by traveling men, tourists, or pleasure seekers, at reasonable rates. Mr. Kelly was married,
in 1878, in his native county to Ellen McDermott, who has borne him four children: Frederick, Louie Benedict, William
and Edmund. The family residence is on Dawson street, in the borough of Kane.
History of the Counties of
McKean, Elk and Forest,
With Biographical Selections.
J. H. Beers & Co., Publishers
McKean County, PA Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium