WILLIAM H. PATTON, residing on his well improved farm of fifty two acres, situated on the north side of the
Harlansburg road, in Hickory Township, about one and one quarter miles from New Castle, was born July 14, 1861,
in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, and is a son of John H. and Margaretta (Hunter) Patton.
The grandparents, Archibald and Eliza (Stunkard) Patton, came to Lawrence County and were among the earliest settlers
in Hickory Township, where he owned the Locust Grove Stock Farm. William H. Patton bought his present farm about
1894. His new two story frame house and commodious and well placed out buildings all indicate thrift and comfort.
Like his parents, William H. Patton was reared in Hickory Township, in which he has passed the greater part of
his life, and all his interests are centered here. Se is a leading citizen in his neighborhood and he takes a very
active part in the affairs of the Neshannock United Presbyterian Church.
On February 27, 1890, Mr. Patton was married to Mary E. Patterson, who is a daughter of Walter B. and Esther (Mayne)
Patterson, prominent residents of this section. Mr. and Mrs. Patton have six children: Florence M., Laura E., Wylie
E., Nannie J., Margaretta and Thomas Herman.
20th Century History of
New Castle and Lawrence County
Edited By: Hon. Aaron L. Hazen
Richmond-Arnold Publishing Co.
Chicago, Ill., 1908
Lawrence County Pennsylvania Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium