H. A. ZUENDEL, farmer, P. O. Starr, was born in Germany in 1821, a son of Henry and Dorothy Zuendel, who emigrated
to America in 1840, and first located in Nebraska, Penn. In 1841 they settled on Dutch hill. on the farm now owned
by Henry Kizer, which they cleared and improved. Henry Zuendel was an elder in the German Reformed Church, and
helped build the first church on the hill. In 1865 he moved to Erie county, Penn., where he died in 1872; his widow
still lives in that county. They reared six children: Conrad, in Erie county; John Adams, in Kingsley township;
H. A.; Annie (Mrs. William White, in Kansas); Eva Elizabeth (Mrs. A. B. Root, in the State of Washington) and Kate
Elizabeth (Mrs. C. F. Gillespie, of Whig Hill). H. A. Zuendel was educated in Germany, and has followed the occupation
of farming and lumbering, settling on his preseat farm in 1853. He married, in 1847, Miss Annie Christina Zuendel,
daughter of Adam Zuendel, of Green township, and they have reared seven children: Elizabeth; George, in Green township;
John H., in Kingsley township; Conrad; Ernest E., in Hickory township; John M. and Mary E. Mr. Zuendel was formerly
a Democrat, but is now a supporter of the Prohibition party; for three years he served as county auditor, and three
years as county commissioner; was school director for nineteen years, and filled various other township offices.
He is class leader in the Evangelical Church, and has a local license to preach.
History of the Counties of
McKean, Elk and Forest,
With Biographical Selections.
J. H. Beers & Co., Publishers
Forest County, PA Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium