Harvey L. Walter, of the firm of Stork & Walter, agents for the Chrysler and Maxwell automobiles at Fairview,
is among the enterprising and successful young business men of Erie County. He was born in West Mill Creek Township,
Erie County, Feb. 28, 1891, and is the son of Charles and Nancy (Pinney) Waiter. Mr. and Mrs. Walter, who are residents
of West Mill Creek Township, have four children: Harrison, Harvey L., Ralph and Laura.
Harvey L. Walter attended the public and high schools of Fairview Township and before taking his college work was
employed by M. H. Taylor, of Erie. He spent two years at the University of Pennsylvania, where he studied horticulture,
and in 1913 returned to the employ of Mr. Taylor, with whom he remained until 1917. He then eniisted in the army
for service during the World War and spent 16 months in the motor transport service at Camp Merritt. In 1920 Mr.
Walter established his present business at Fairview.
The Stork & Walter Company own and operate one of the finest garages between Erie and Cleveland, and are located
on the main highway. They are dealers in high grade automobile accessories and tires and have storage space for
40 cars. The building which is of modern fireproof construction, is 60 x 100 feet.
Mr. Walter is a Republican and is affiliated with the Masonic lodge and the Independent Order of Odd Fellows.
History of Erie County, Pennsylvania
By: John Elmer Reed
Historical Publishing Company
Erie County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names R to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium