Dr. B. W. Sweet, a leading osteopathic physician of Erie, with offices at 216 West Seventh Street, is a native
of Missouri. He was born in Sullivan County, in 1871.
Doctor Sweet received his early schooling in his native state and attended high school at Bancroft, Nebr. After
studying medicine under a preceptor for nearly two years he went to Alaska in 1898, where he engaged in prospecting.
He returned after a year and spent the following two years at Kirksville, Mo., where he studied osteopathy. He
has been located in Erie since 1902, and practiced his profession in partnership with Dr. J. A. Root for several
years.! In 1905 he removed his office to 122 West 10th Street, and was later located on West 10th for 17 years.
Doctor Sweet has been in his present location for six months.
On Jan. 11, 1899, Doctor Sweet was united in marriage with Miss Myrtle E. Edeburn, a native of Mercer County, Pa.,
and the daughter of Benton and Fannie Edeburn. To Doctor and Mrs. Sweet were born the following children: Hazard
A., born Feb. 14, 1900, a doctor of osteopathy, who specializes in eye, ear, nose and throat diseases; Lucile,
born Oct. 31, 1901, died June 7, 1910; Richard A., born Feb. 17, 1905, a student at Grove City College; and Robert
L., born July 26, 1908, died in October, 1909.
Doctor Sweet is identified with the Masonic and Elk lodges, He is a member of the First Presbyterian Church and
ranks among the substantial and highly esteemed citizens of Erie.
History of Erie County, Pennsylvania
By: John Elmer Reed
Historical Publishing Company
Erie County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names R to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium