Dr. J. A. Stackhouse, who ranks among the leading physicians and surgeons of Erie, is a veteran of the World
War. He was born at Ambler, Pa., and is the son of John D. and Adella (Sperry) Stackhouse.
After attending the public and high schools of his native city, Doctor Stackhouse took a business course at Philadelphia
and in 1907 entered Hahnemann Medical College in Philadelphia, from which he was graduated with the degree of Doctor
of Medicine. His interne work was done at the Children's Homeopathic Hospital of Philadelphia and the Homeopathic
Hospital of Rochester, N. Y. Doctor Stackhouse then located in Erie, where he established his practice at 326 Sassafras
Street. At the time of the World War in 1917 he enlisted and served as a first lieutenant with the 77th Division,
taking part in numerous battles and drives, including the Meuse Argonne!. Doctor Stackhouse war seriously wounded
in service, and is a member of the Disabled Veterans of the World War, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Upon his return to Erie after the close of the World War, Doctor Stackhouse was located at 116 West 8th Street.
He has established an excellent practice and is now located at 156 W. Eighth Street. For several years he maintained
an office at 814 Peach Street. He is cont nected with the staff of Hamot Hospital and also with the Infants' Home
Doctor Stackhouse is identified with the County, State and Amencan Medical Associations, is a member of the American
Legion, now president of the Exchange Club of Erie. He is secretary of the Sailors and Soldiers Home of Erie. Doctor
Stackhouse holds membership in the First Presbyterian Church. He is a Republican.
History of Erie County, Pennsylvania
By: John Elmer Reed
Historical Publishing Company
Erie County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names R to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium