Dr. G. J. Parker, doctor of Chiropractic, is recognized as one of the representative citizens of Erie. He was
born in Concord Township, near Corry, Pa., Jan. 7, 1873, and is a son of Dr. H. D. and Alice J. (Perkins) Parker.
Dr H. D. Parker, retired, was born in Warren County, Pa., and for many years was a prominent physician and druggist
of Corry. Later he practiced his profession in Syracuse and Jamestown, N. Y., and now lives retired in the latter
city. His wife, a native of Concord Township, Erie County, is deceased.
Dr. G. J. Parker was educated in the public and high schools of Corry, from which he was graduated in 1892. The
following two years were spent in the Corry Business College, after which he engaged in business with his father
until 1907. He received his degree as Doctor of Chiro practic from the Palmer Gregory College, Oklahoma City, in
1909, and two years later was graduated from the Mechano Therapy Institute of Chicago. Since that time Doctor Parker
has been located in Erie, where he has a well established practice.
On July 4, 1892, Doctor Parker was united in marriage with Miss Cora B. Crosby, who was born Nov. 22, 1873, and
died Nov. 18, 1921. To this union were born two children: Renca May Westman, born May 1, 1893, lives in Erie; and
D. Lloyd, born Aug. 27, 1900, lives in Erie. On March 8, 1923, Doctor Parker was married to Mrs. Grace (Whitney)
Stafford, a native of Waterford, Pa. By her former marriage Mrs. Parker has two children: Marjorie, born in 1911;
and Melvin, born in 1914.
Doctor Parker is affiliated with the Masonic Lodge and Shrine and is a member of the Knights of Pythias.
History of Erie County, Pennsylvania
By: John Elmer Reed
Historical Publishing Company
Erie County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names R to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium