Dr. J. K. Morris, a well known optometrist of. Erie, who is successfully engaged in the practice of his profession
in the Commerce Building, was born at Salisbury, Md., Dec. 2, 1884, and is a son of Jacob A. and Martha (Kent)
Jacob A. Morris was born in Wicomico County, Md., Nov. 21, 1849, and his wife was born there on Aug. 16, 1859.
He engaged in the saw mill and lumber business until 1900 when his mills were destroyed. by fire, and the loss
of which was not covered by insurance. Mr. and Mrs. Morris now live on a small farm in Maryland. Dr. J. K., the
subject of this sketch is their only child.
Dr. J. K. Morris received his education in the public schools of Salisbury, Md., and after his graduation from
an academy at Dover, Del., in 1902, he entered Jefferson Medical College, where he received his degree. His interne
work was done in a New York city hospital, after which he spent six months in the Willis Eye Hospital, Philadelphia.
Doctor Morris was later connected with the Castle Optical Company of Philadelphia and from there went to Buffalo,
N. Y., where he studied under Dr. E. H. Hubble, one of the foremost eye specialists in this country. In January,
1909, he located in Erie, where he has a well established practice.
On Dec. 27, 1907, Doctor Morris was married at Philadelphia, to Miss Nellie M. Hern, of Laurel, Del., and the daughter
of Frank M. and Wilhelmina (Scott) Hen. Doctor and Mrs. Morris have a son, Francis Kent.
Doctor Morris is identified with the Elks lodge, Knights of Pythias and the Erie Maennerchor.
History of Erie County, Pennsylvania
By: John Elmer Reed
Historical Publishing Company
Erie County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names R to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium