George K. Frank, successful and widely known real estate operator of Erie, with offices in the Masonic Temple
Building, is a native of Pennsylvania. She was born at Middletown, Dauphin County, July 8, 1873, and is a son of
P. W. and Mary (Schultz) Frank. P. W. Frank, deceased, was a native of Pennsylvania. He was a carpenter and bridge
builder and helped build the Centenial buildings in Philadelphia in 1873-4. He died Jan. 6, 1914, and his wife
died Marëh 12, 1913. They had four children: William H., lives in Chicago; Edward P., a contractor and builder,
lives at Miami, Fla.; George K., the subject of this sketch; and J. M., associated in business with George K.
George K. Frank was obliged to leave school at an early age. In 1884 he had settled in Erie with his parents and
his first position was with Walker & Gallagher. Later he was associated with Cronin-Bloser Company, shoe dealers,
and while there Mr. Frank attended night school. His next position was as a stenographer in the real estate firm
of J, Spencer VanCleve, with whom he became associated with on March 1, 1894. After several years a partnership
was formed with Floyd Hill, the firm being known as Frank & Hill, and purchasing the interests of Mr. VanCleve.
This partnership existed for 12 years, and since 1912 Mr. Frank has been in business alone, dealing in real estate,
general insurance and surety bonds.
On Sept. 15, 1917, Mr. Frank was married to Miss Pauline Blakely, the daughter of Christian and Caroline Blakely.
They had three children: Charles Robert, born June 2, 1919; George K., Jr., born Jan. 13, 1921 and died April 10,
1921; and David Philips, born July 3, 1922.
Mr. Frank helped organize the local Anti Tuberculosis Society in 1912 and has since served as treasurer, having
charge of the sale of seals yearly. He was appointed by the city council as a member of the State Park and Harbor
Commission in charge of the new Peninsula Park, and after having served as secretary of the commission from 1921
until 1924 he was reappointed for a second term of four years. He was also appointed a member of the commission
in charge of the erection of the Erie County Tuberculosis Hospital in 1923.
Mr. Frank is a 32nd degree Mason, Knights Templar and a Shriner, a member of the Elks Lodge, and a charter member,
of the Kiwanis Club and served as president of this organization in 1921. lie is also a member of the Chamber of
Commerce. He was one of the organizers of the Erie Motor Club. He has held membership in the Park Presbyterian
Church for 25 years and served as deacon several years ago. He is also connected with the Real Estate Board, having
served as president, and was president of the Fire & Casualty Underwriters Association. Mr. Frank, has always
been interested in all activities concerning the welfare of Erie and Erie County. He is a Republican.
History of Erie County, Pennsylvania
By: John Elmer Reed
Historical Publishing Company
Erie County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names R to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium