The Electric Materials Company, North East. This is a Pennsylvania corporation organized early in 1915, for
the manufacture of copper, bronze, brass and steel products used principally in electric equipment.
The plant originally consisted of three manufacturing buildings and power plant, but has been increased from time
to time until on Jan. 1, 1925, it consisted of a power plant, double the size of the original, a foundry, rolling
mill, forge shop, two machine shops and a two story office building.
The original Board of Directors consisted of George E. Pierce, F. B. Moorhead, A. S. Cooke, George N. Mackay, H.
F. Eaton and O. C. Hirtzei. The officers were: George E. Pierce, president; F. B. Moorhead, vice president; N.
P. Fuller, secretary; H. F. Eaton, chief engineer; and O. C. Hirtzel, treasurer.
The capital stock was originally $100,000.00, which was subsequently increased in 1917 to $150,000.00 and in 1920
to $250,000.00, fully paid in cash. The company has enjoyed a successful career from the beginning and is at this
time employing approximately one hundred and fifty men and uses about three million pounds of copper per year.
History of Erie County, Pennsylvania
By: John Elmer Reed
Historical Publishing Company
Erie County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names R to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium