C. A. Pierce, a substantial business man and highly esteemed citizen of Johnstown, is a native of Pennsylvania.
He was born at Renova, Nov. 18, 1870, and is the son of James H. and Minnie A. (Watson) Pierce.
James H. Pierce, retired, was born at Lockhaven, Pa., in 1848, and during his active career was employed by the
Pennsylvania Railroad as yardmaster and conductor. He resides at Renova, Pa His wife, a native of Lockhaven, Pa.,
is deceased and is buried at Williamsport, Pa. Mr. Pierce is a Republican and a member of the Episcopal Church
and Brotherhood of Railroad Conductors. Mr. and Mrs. Pierce had one child, C. A., the subject of this sketch.
After completing his schooling at Renova, C. A. Pierce learned the tinner's trade and for several years lived at
Altoona, Pa., where he was employed as a locksmith. In July, 1895, he came to Johnstown, and opened a bicycle shop
on Vine Street, later removing to Railroad Street and then to Main Street and Franklin Street. He then leased a
parcel of land from Doctor Moyer and built a shop there, which he occupied until 1912, at which time he erected
his present building at 504 Locust Street. Mr. Pierce does bicycle repair work and also handles radios and supplies.
In 1916 Mr. Pierce was united in marriage with Miss Edna Inscho, the daughter of Eben and Mary Inscho, of Ebensburg.
To Mr. and Mrs. Pierce have been born two children: Harley, born in 1917; and Shirley Jean, born July 3, 1924.
Mr. Pierce has always been a Republican.
History of Cambria County, Pennsylvania
By: John E. Gable
Historical Publishing Company
Cambria County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium