G. H. Miller, wholesale flour and feed dealer of Sidman, is a substantial and well known citizen of Cambria
County. He was born in Adams Township, Cambria County, Feb. 20, 1889, and is the son of Jacob and Elizabeth (Eash)
Miller, natives of Somerset County, Pa.
Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Miller lived at Dunlo, Pa., for many years, where he was engaged in the general mercantile business.
He later owned a farm in Adams Township where he lived for 20 years. He and his wife are deceased. They had five
children: Moses, Mary, Emma, G. H. and Joseph.
G. H. Miller spent his boyhood on his father's farm and received his education at Salix Academy. He taught school
for seven years in Adams and Summerhill townships, after which he engaged in the retail grocery and meat business
at Sidman for four years. In 1920 he established his present business, erecting his store building on land purchased
from the Pennsylvania Railroad. He has a large trade throughout Cambria County and employs five men.
On June 29, 1909, Mr. Miller was married to Miss Margaret E. Frampton, the daughter of S. P. and Lucretia Frampton,
residents of Sidman. To Mr. and Mrs. Miller three daughters have been born, Owen, born March 8, 1919, and died
Sept. 2, 1920; Wilma Irene, born April 7, 1922, and Mae Jean, born March 5, 1926. They also have an adopted daughter,
Virginia Dare Thomas. Mrs. Miller died March 5, 1926, and is buried in the Elton Cemetery.
Mr. Miller is a Republican and has served as a member of the school board since 1920. He is an elder in the Lutheran
Church. Mr. Miller has various business interests throughout Cambria County and is a director of the Peoples Deposit
Bank at Beaverdale, Pa.
History of Cambria County, Pennsylvania
By: John E. Gable
Historical Publishing Company
Cambria County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium