Frank J. Cuppels, of Cresson, is one of the enterprising and successful young business men of Cambria County.
He was born in Clearfield Township, Cambria County, Jan, 24, 1891, and is the son of Martin L. and Mary Jane (Cox)
Cuppels, a complete sketch of whom appears elsewhere in this history.
After completing his schooling, F. J. Cuppels learned the carpenter trade. He has lived at Cresson since 1912 and
since 1917 has engaged in the construction business. He has been unusually successful in his work and has been
identified with most of the building activity in Cresson. Among the buildings which have been under his supervision
are: The Farmers Bank; St. Francis School; addition to St. John's Orphanage; First National Bank; Link's Garage;
Church of the Immaculate Conception; St. Joseph's Church, Dubois, Pa.; Citizens Deposit Bank, Gallitzin, Pa.; and
the First National Bank, Cassandra, Pa.
Mr. Cuppels was united in marriage on Aug. 20, 1912, to Miss Viola Shoffner, the daughter of Raymond and Mary (Smith)
Shoffuer, residents of Dysart, Pa. Mr. and Mrs. Cuppels have three children: Garrett, Frances and Lorene.
Mr. Cuppels is a member of the Catholic Church, Elks and Moose lodges, Knights of Columbus, and Summit Golf Club.
He is a Democrat and is a prominent member of the community in which he lives.
History of Cambria County, Pennsylvania
By: John E. Gable
Historical Publishing Company
Cambria County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium