C. E. Brunner, candy manufacturer, is among the well known business men of Johnstown, Pa.
He was born at Bethlehem, Pa., and is the son of Owen J. and Clara (HartzeI) Brunner. His parents are residents
of Bethlehem, Pa.
C. E. Brunner received his education in Bethlehem, Pa., and is a graduate of the Bethlehem High School. He studied
structural engineering and was employed by the Bethlehem Construction Company for a year as an engineer. He then
went to Philadelphia, where he worked for two years in structural engineering. After leaving Philadelphia he came
to Johnstown and was connected with the Cambria Steel Company for eight years in the capacity of a draftsman and
Mr. and Mrs. Brunner started making candy in their home. So successful was the undertaking that Mr. Brunner gave
up his position to devote his entire time to the candy business. The first place of business was located at 800
Broad Street and incorporated under the name of Brunner & Company. It was not long before they outgrew this
place, and in the spring of 1926 removed to the Rose Building, rear of the Johnstown Trust Company.
Their candies are shipped all over the United States, and are sold to the following syndicate stores: F. W. Woolworth
Company, W. T. Grant Company, and J. G. McCrory Stores Corporation.
The members of the firm are: C. E. Brunner, president and general manager; D. W. Long, treasurer; and E. E. Olson,
History of Cambria County, Pennsylvania
By: John E. Gable
Historical Publishing Company
Cambria County Pennsylvania Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium