Biography of B. W. Martin
Pitt Township, Wyandot County, OH Biographies





B. W. MARTIN was born in Little Sandusky, Ohio, December 25, 1848. He is a son of Caleb S. and Elizabeth (Coons) Martin, natives of Maryland and New York respectively. They came to this locality in 1835, the father, a shoe maker by trade, still a resident of the above village. Their children were Burke W., Marv P., Alice L., Charles R and Minerva, the two latter deceased. The mother is also still living. B. W., the subject of this sketch, was engaged in daily and monthly labor and in clerking till twenty one years of age, obtaining a fair education in the meantime. He then purchased the grocery stock of J. F. Myers, and has since engaged in mercantile business, first independently, then with William Montee, next with J. L. Lewis, the present firm of Martin & Whittker being established in 1874. They do a thriving business, dealing in all kinds of country produce. Mr. Martin was married, October 4, 1871, to Miss Ivy E. Hughes, daughter of Barnet and Catharine E. Hughes. They have four children, Luella M., Alice B., Charles S. and Sidley W. Besides their stock in store, the firm also owns 150 acres of land in good repair, valued at $65 per acre. In politics, Mr. Martin is a Democrat.

From:
The History of Wyandot County, Ohio
Liggett, Canaway & Co.,
Chicago 1884


Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies

NAVIGATION

Wyandot County, Ohio Biographies

Names A to F
Names G to K
Names L to R
Names S to Z

Ohio
Biographies

Online
Biographies

Ohio
Histories

New York
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012