Frank G. Warner, who has capably filled the office of city auditor of Norwalk for four successive terms, is
a representative and widely known citizen of Huron County. He was born in Norwalk, Nov. 4, 1862, the son of Israel
V. and Sarah A. (Knight) Warner.
Israel V. Warner was born in Duchess County, N. Y., and spent his early life on a farm. He became a mechanic and
followed that trade in Michigan for a few years. Upon his arrival in Ohio he was employed in the shipyards at Milan,
and in 1858 located in Norwalk, where he conducted a foundry and machine shop, specializing in the manufacture
of wood sawing machines. During the latter part of his life Mr. Warner became interested in the flour and feed
business. He was living retired in 1907 at the time of his death in Norwalk. His wife, also born in New York, died
in 1915. Mr. Warner was a Republican, and held membership in the Methodist Church. To Mr. and Mrs. Warner were
born the following children: Addison J., who died in 1912; Ella M., who died in 1873; Jeanette, who died in 1913;
Frank G., the subject of this sketch; and O. S., who lives at Toledo, Ohio.
Frank G. Warner has always lived in Norwalk. He obtained his education in the public schools and attended Milan
Normal School. In 1880 Mr. Warner entered the employ of Theodore Williams, general merchant, and spent 36 years
in connection with his business interests. He then was identified with the American Publishing Company for seven
years, and in June, 1923, was appointed to fill an unexpired term as city auditor in Norwalk. He was elected to
the office during the same year and has since served in that capacity.
In 1888 Mr. Warner was united in marriage with Miss Julia L. Wright, of Norwalk, the daughter of Clement and Lois
A. (Swayne) Wright. Mr. Wright died in 1895 and his wife died in 1887. Both are buried in Norwalk. Mr. and Mrs.
Warner have a daughter, Marion C., who married Ralph E. Irwin, and they have had the following children: Edward,
who died at the age of four years; Elizabeth Jane, born in 1920; and Martha J., born in 1925. Mr. Irwin served
throughout the World War in the U. S. Navy with the rank of Ensign, and is now general traffic engineer with the
Ohio Bell Telephone Company in Columbus.
Mr. Warner is identified with the Republican party in politics. He is an active member of the Methodist Church,
having served as a member of the official board for the past 25 years and as secretary and treasurer of the Sunday
School for 18 years. He was elected secretary of the board of stewards in 1930. Mr. Warner has been a member of
this church since 1885 and is one of its most faithful supporters. He belongs to the Kiwanis Club, Isaac Walton
League, and Firelands Historical Society, and Huron Lodge, No. 37, I. O. O. F., of which he is a Past Grand in
the subordinate lodge and Past Chief Patriarch in the Encampment and has taken the degrees in both branches in
the Grand Lodge of Ohio.
Since their marriage in 1888 until 1916 Mr. and Mrs. Warner lived in the same residence at 15 Woodlawn Avenue,
since which date they have resided at 11 Maple Street. They have a wide circle of friends in the city and are highly
History of North Central Ohio
Embracing Richland, Ashland, Wayne,
Medina, Lorin, Huron and Knox Counties
BY: William A. Duff
Historical Publishing Company
North Central Ohio Biographies
Names A to C
Names D to G
Names H to K
Names L to P
Names Q to S
Names T to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium