B. W. Livingston, D. D. S. One of the most prominent dental surgeons of North Central Ohio is Dr. B. W. Livingston,
who has been associated in practice with Dr. Copeland at Ashland since 1905. He was born at Savannah, July 25,
1879, the son of H. M. and Mary D. (Davis) Livingston.
The Livingston family came to Ohio during the early days from York County, Pa., and were among the first settlers
of Ashland County. The Davis family has lived in this county for several generations, being prominent pioneers
H. M. Livingston was born at Red Haw, Ashland County, in 1850. He attended the district schools and was a graduate
of Vermillion Institute at Hayesville. Mr. Livingston followed farming until 1879, when he removed to Savannah
and lived retired. He was a Republican and a member of the Presbyterian Church. Mr. Livingston died in May, 1898,
and his wife, who was born at Savannah in 1848, died in April, 1929. Both are buried at Savannah. Their children
were: Clyde D., who died at Houston, Texas, in 1926; B. W., the subject of this sketch; Edgar R., farmer, lives
at Savannah; and Mary H., who died in 1892, at the age of four years.
B. W. Livingston spent his early life at Savannah, where he attended the public schools. He is also a graduate
of Savannah Academy. He took up the study of dentistry at Western Reserve University, Cleveland, from which he
received a degree in 1903. Dr. Livingston immediately located at Ashland and in 1905 became associated in practice
with Dr. Copeland. They were located in the old Farmers Bank Building until 1910, when they removed their offices
to the new Myers Building at Center and Main streets.
Dr. Livingston is a veteran of the Spanish American War.
In June, 1904, Dr. Livingston was united in marriage with Miss Alberta May Reep, of Ashland, the daughter of William
F. and Sarah (Brubaker) Reep. Mr. Reep, born at West Salem, Ohio, died in 1928, and is buried in Ashland. His widow
resides in this city. Doctor and Mrs. Livingston have no children.
Dr Livingston is a Republican, a member of the Lutheran Church, and a charter member of the Ashland Country Club.
He is affiliated with Ashland Lodge, F. & A. M., No. 151, Past Master; Ashland Chapter, Past High Priest; Ashland
Council; Mansfield Commandery, K. T., No. 21; and Al Koran Shrine, Cleveland.
History of North Central Ohio
Embracing Richland, Ashland, Wayne,
Medina, Lorin, Huron and Knox Counties
BY: William A. Duff
Historical Publishing Company
North Central Ohio Biographies
Names A to C
Names D to G
Names H to K
Names L to P
Names Q to S
Names T to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium