John G. Dilmore is a substantial and well known citizen of Mansfield, where he is founder and president of the
Dilmore Company. He was born at Pittsburgh, Pa., and early in life was a steel worker, being employed at McKeesport,
Pa.; Niles, Ohio; Massillon; and Canton. He came to Mansfield in 1914 and in that year established a restaurant
business in connection with the plant of the Mansfield Sheet & Tin Plate Company. The business was enlarged
in 1914 with two other restaurants in industrial plants in the city, and it was incorporated in 1927 as the Dilmore
Company. In that year a modern building was erected by the company on Bowman Street. The business has enjoyed a
phenomenal growth under the able management of Mr. Dilmore and his son, Harold D.
John G. Dilmore is a Republican, and a member of the Methodist Church. His wife is a native of Cardiff, Wales.
To Mr. and Mrs. Dilmore were born four children: John, a veteran of the World War, lives at Mansfield; Nellie,
lives at home; Bessie, married Wade M. Arbaugh, lives at Mansfield; and Harold D.
History of North Central Ohio
Embracing Richland, Ashland, Wayne,
Medina, Lorin, Huron and Knox Counties
BY: William A. Duff
Historical Publishing Company
North Central Ohio Biographies
Names A to C
Names D to G
Names H to K
Names L to P
Names Q to S
Names T to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium