B. B. Bittner, funeral director, is among the substantial young business men of Elyria. He was born near Grafton,
Lorain County, Dec. 18, 1899, the son of Edward and Mary (Stanislawski) Bittner.
Both Edward Bittner and his wife are natives of Germany. After their marriage they emigrated to the United States
and settled in Ohio, where Mr. Bittner spent many years in the employ of the Grafton quarries. He was also identified
with the Cleveland Stone Company, and later engaged in general farming in Eaton Township. They have three children:
B. B., the subject of this sketch; Clarence, born Nov. 1, 1901, associated in business with his brother in Elyria;
and Caroline, a graduate of St. Mary's High School, Elyria, now a stenographer, lives at home.
B. B. Bittner attended the public schools of Grafton and in 1921 went to Columbus, where he was identified with
the Ira Jones Funeral Home. He also attended the Columbus College of Embalming from which he was graduated in 1921.
Upon his return to Elyria he spent two years in the employ of the Western Automatic Company, and in 1923, in partnership
with his brother, established the Bittner Funeral Home, which is located at 234 Third Street. They have a modern
funeral establishment, and render high grade and dependable service.
Mr. Bittner is a member of Holy Cross Catholic Church and belongs to the Knights of Columbus, Third Degree, and
Eagles Lodge. He is unmarried.
Mr. Bittner is identified with the Ohio State Funeral Directors Association, and Lorain District Association.
History of North Central Ohio
Embracing Richland, Ashland, Wayne,
Medina, Lorin, Huron and Knox Counties
BY: William A. Duff
Historical Publishing Company
North Central Ohio Biographies
Names A to C
Names D to G
Names H to K
Names L to P
Names Q to S
Names T to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium