William L. Althouse, who is identified with the firm of Althouse & Jones, architects, is one of the representative
citizens of Mansfield and Richland County. He was born in this city, Aug. 16, 1882, the son of John R. and Mary
Cairns (Skiles) Althouse.
Both John R. Althouse and his wife were natives of Lancaster County, Pa., and are deceased.
William L. Althouse received his education in the public schools of Mansfield and was graduated from Mansfield
High School in 1898. He then entered the offices of Vernon Redding, architect, and in 1914 became associated with
Herbert S. Jones as a member of the firm of Althouse & Jones. They have offices in the Farmers Bank Building.
Among the notable contracts handled by this well known firm may be mentioned the following: Farmers Bank Building;
Mansfield Senior High School; Richland Trust Building; Ohio Brass Administration Building; Park Avenue Baptist
Church. They have also designed many other buildings, including 40 public schools in the vicinity of Mansfield.
In 1909 Mr. Aithouse was united in marriage with Miss Sue Fisher, the daughter of Jerry and Mary (McGuire) Fisher,
natives of Pennsylvania and Mansfield, respectively. Both are deceased and are buried in Mansfield.
Mr. Althouse is a member of the Baptist Church, and belongs to the West Brook Country Club, Kiwanis Club, Chamber
of Commerce, and American Institute of Architects. He belongs to Mansfield Lodge, F. & A. M., No. 35; Mansfield
Chapter, R. A. M., No. 28; Mansfield Council, R. & S. M. M., No. 94; Mansfield Commandery, K. T., No. 21; Dayton
Consistory, 32nd degree; Al Koran Temple; Mansfield Scottish Rite Society; Mystic Club; and Mansfield Shrine Club.
History of North Central Ohio
Embracing Richland, Ashland, Wayne,
Medina, Lorin, Huron and Knox Counties
BY: William A. Duff
Historical Publishing Company
North Central Ohio Biographies
Names A to C
Names D to G
Names H to K
Names L to P
Names Q to S
Names T to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium