DAVID GREEN, a leading agriculturist of Gibson township, whose farm of 137 3/4 acres is located in section 26,
was born May 6, 1859, in Crawford County, Ohio, and is a son of Frederick and Louisa (Lutz) Green, and a grandson
of Frederick Green, who was a resident of Crawford County, where he died on the old homestead.
Frederick Green, the father of our subject, was born in Germany, and came to this country when three years old
with his parents, who settled in Crawford County when the country was still in a wild and unsettled state. Mr.
Green was reared on his father's farm in Crawford County and after his marriage lived there until 1876 engaged
in farming. He then moved to Mercer County, Ohio, and located on the farm now occupied by his son David. He had
purchased a farm of 318 acres in Gibson township prior to his removal to Mercer County, and it was here he lived
until 1903, when he sold the farm to his son David and retired from active work. He is now a resident of Fort Recovery.
David Green spent his boyhood days in Crawford County, and was 17 years old when his father moved to Mercer County
and settled on the farm he now owns. In 1881 Mr. Green bought a farm of 80 acres in section 26, Gibson township,
and after his marriage moved to this farm, on which he made many improvements in the way of tiling and buildings,
including a fine large barn. He sold the farm in 1903 to John Schmidt and purchased of his father his present farm,
of which he already owned 57 1/2 acres. Mr. Green is engaged in general farming and also raises considerable stock,
such as hogs and cattle. He also has a fine orchard of five acres, and raises grapes, plums, peaches, cherries,
On April 10, 1882, Mr. Green was married to Mary Breymier, a daughter of Michael Breymier. They had one child,
Benjamin, who lives in Crawford County. Mrs. Green died in 1887. On September K2, 1887, Mr. Green was married to.
Rosa Boltz, a daughter of Jacob Boltz. They became the parents of the following children: Edna, Lawrence, Oscar,
Ida, Maggie, Clarence, Eva and Louisa. Mr. Green was formerly a member of the Lutheran Church. His family are members
of Trinity Lutheran Church of Fort Recovery.
History of Mercer County, Ohio
and Representative Citizens
Edited & Compiled by: Hon. S. S. Scranton
Published by: Biographical Publishing Company
Mercer County, Ohio Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium