EDMUND BRANDTS, an enterprising citizen and leading business man of Celina, secretary and treasurer of The Merman
Bros., Brandt Company, furniture manufacturers, was born at Gladbach, Rhenish Prussia, Germany, in 1879, and is
a son of Carl Brandts.
The father of Mr. Brandts is a retired woolen Manufacturer of Germany. For many years he carried on a large business
but finally retired and sold his mills to his sons, who do an extensive business.
Edmund Brandts was reared and educated in Germany and after he had completed his schooling entered his father's
mills and was engaged in the manufacture of woolens until he came to America in November, 1904. In the following
February he bought of Henry Lennartz a one quarter interest in the present business, which was then conducted under
the firm name of Lennartz & Mersman Brothers. In May, 1906, the firm became Mersman Brothers & Brandts,
Mr. Lennartz having disposed of his remaining interest to the other members of the firm. In September, 1906, The
Mersman Bros., Brandts Company was incorporated, of which company Mr. Brandts became secretary and treasurer. This
business was established at Celina by the father of Edward H. and Walter J. Mersman and it has been developed into
a concern which has customers all over the United States.
On June 6, 1905, Mr. Brandts was united in marriage with Lillie Hirsch, of Celiha. Mr. Brandts is a member of Immaculate
Conception Catholic Church at Celina.
History of Mercer County, Ohio
and Representative Citizens
Edited & Compiled by: Hon. S. S. Scranton
Published by: Biographical Publishing Company
Mercer County, Ohio Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium