REV. B. M. MULLER, Catholic priest, Jefferson, was born March 31, 1850, in Bavaria, Germany, and came to America
in May, 1853. His early training was in accordance with the Catholic Church, and in 1862 he was confirmed, and
received his first communion at St. Francis De Sale's Church, on East Walnut Hills, Cincinnati, Ohio. His college
education was acquired at St. Francis Gymnasium, Cincinnati, Ohio. His philosophical and theological education
was received in Mt. St. Mary's Seminary, Cincinnati, Ohio, where he received minor orders at the hands of the Rt.
Rev. Edward Fitzgerald, Bishop of Little Rock, Ark., on September 21, 1871. He was ordained Sub Deacon April 5,
and Deacon April 6, 1872, and priest March 8, 1873, by the Most Rev. J. B. Purcell, Archbishop of Cincinnati, Ohio.
On the 14th of the same month, he was appointed rector at Jefferson, Madison Co., Ohio, and, since the 23d of the
same month, has been a resident of the village of Jefferson. To his labors much is due for the present condition
of the church at Jefferson.
History of Madison County, Ohio
Published by: W. H. Beers and Company
Madison County, Ohio Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium