Leonard Hall Gerow is a leading Toledo architect, largely specializing in the building of residences, being
a member of the firm of Gerow & Conklin. He was born in Milton, New York, on the 29th of May, 1889. He supplemented
his thorough public school training by a course in Cornell University, where he specialized in the study of architecture
and in 1913 was graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Architecture. Seeking the opportunities offered along
professional lines in Toledo; he was here associated with various firms, one of which was the George Rheinfrank
Company, with which firm he remained for two years, having charge of office detail work. In 1917 he opened offices
and under his own name has since practiced his profession. He has been a close student of all the basic principles
that underlie the profession and is adapting the old and time tried methods to modern day conditions, with results
that are very gratifying. Some of the most attractive residences of Toledo have been erected on plans which he
has made, in which utility, convenience and beauty are admirably blended, so that his work is constituting a substantial
means of adornment to Toledo. Among the number are the residences of B. C. Bowen, in West Morland, Mrs. Elizabeth
Fella, L. J. Gifford, G. A. Kellam and G. H. Jones. He holds to the highest standards of the profession and is
making continuous progress in winning a large clientele.
On August 31, 1922, Mr. Gerow married Miss Alma Kiappick.
Mr. Gerow is well known as a member of St. Mathews Brotherhood and his interest centers along those lines and in
those channels through which flows the greatest and most permanent good to the greatest number.
Toledo and Lucas County, Ohio
BY: John M. Killits, A.M., LL.D.
S. J. Clarke Publishing Company
Chicago and Toledo
Lucas County, Ohio Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium