J. H. WATSON, physician, McComb, was born November 30, 1833, son of Richard and Lucy Watson, natives of Maryland
and of English origin, and who reared a family of nine children, J. H. being the sixth. The parents came to Hancock
County, Ohio. in 1834, and entered land near Findlay, where W. C. Watson, a successful farmer, now resides. Our
subject attended the district school and high school at Findlay, and there studied medicine in the office of Drs.
Armstrong & Green. In 1855 he entered the Medical College at Cincinnati Ohio, graduating in 1857. He first
practiced at Grand Rapids, Ohio, where he remained for seven years, then came to McComb, where he has since resided
and has a large practice. The Doctor was married, in 1802, to Caroline Pratt, of English descent, daughter of Jonas
Pratt of Henry County, Ohio. Our subject and wife are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church, in which he has
been trustee, also teacher in the Sabbath school. The Doctor, who has taken an active interest in the advancement
and improvement of McComb, owns 300 acres of land and one of the most expensive houses in the county. He served
as a member of the school board. When the building of the McComb Deshler & Toledo Railroad at this point was
proposed he encouraged the project by his name and influence, and was one of its directors. He is a F. & A.
M. In politics he is a Republican, differing in this respect from his father and brother who are Democrats.
History of Madison County, Ohio
Published by: Warner, Beers and Company
Chicago, Illinois 1886
Hancock County, Ohio Biographies
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium