George P. Taylor, D. D. S., who is successfully engaged in the practice of his profession at Reynoldsburg, is
a veteran of the World War, and one of the most prominent young dental surgeons of Franklin County. He was born
at Reynoldsburg, on the exact site of his present residence and office, June 15, 1893, the son of Dr. Frank G.
and Mary E. (Tussing) Taylor.
Dr. Frank G. Taylor, deceased, was a leading physician and surgeon of Reynoldsburg for more than thirty five years.
He was born at New Albany, Franklin County, September 15, 1851, and died at Reynoldsburg, January 29, 1909. Doctor
Taylor was a graduate of the Ohio Eclectic Medical College, Cincinnati, class of 1875, and spent a year in practice
at Pickerington, Ohio, before locating at Reynoldsburg. He was a leading citizen of the community and a thoroughly
competent physician and surgeon. Doctor Taylor was a charter member of the Woodmen of the World, and belonged to
the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. He was the son of John Pike and Rebecca (Perfect) Taylor, natives of West
Virginia and Ohio, respectively. John Taylor was a minister of the Baptist Church and was brought to Franklin County
by his parents when he was a baby. He became widely known as a minister and was an honored citizen. Mary E. (Tussing)
Taylor, mother of the subject of this sketch, was born in Fairfield County, Ohio, March 2, 1854, the daughter of
George N. and Elizabeth (Harmon) Tussing, who were pioneer settlers and prominent citizens of Franklin County.
Mrs. Frank G. Taylor lives at Reynoldsburg. To Doctor Frank G. Taylor and wife were born seven children, as follows:
Dr. W. B., a physician, lives at Pickerington, Ohio; Georgia, married C. W. Headley, lives at Reynoldsburg; Laura,
deceased; Floris, married Prof. J. K. Condon, lives at Cincinnati, Ohio; Frank P., real estate, lives at Reynoldsburg;
Zella, lives at home; and George P., the subject of this sketch.
George P. Taylor attended the public and high schools of Reynoldsburg and was graduated from the College of Dentistry,
Ohio State University, in 1915. He spent two years in practice at Reynoldsburg and then enlisted in the service
for the World War. He spent nine months at Camp Custer, Battle Creek, Michigan, and sailed for France as a captain,
July 24, 1918. He served with a Michigan and Wisconsin outfit as a member of the 85th Division, and was mustered
out of service July 13, 1919, with the rank of major. He still holds that rank with the U. S. Reserve Dental Corps.
On September 7, 1929, Doctor Taylor was united in marriage with Miss Helen Jane Connell, of Reynoldsburg, the daughter
of James and Ida (Jewett) Connell. Mr. Connell, who was born in Licking County, Ohio, in 1865, died in 1909. He
was the first rural mail carrier out of Reynoldsburg, and also conducted a creamery business here. His widow was
born at Rushville, Ohio, December 20, 1861, and lives at Reynoldsburg. Mrs. Taylor attended Ohio University and
is a graduate of Ohio State University.
Doctor Taylor is a Democrat, and is affiliated with the Masonic Lodge of Reynoldsburg, Columbus Consistory, and
History of Franklin County, Ohio
Historical Publishing Company
Topeka - Indianapolis 1930
Franklin County, OH
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium