Edwin J. Schanfarber, an attorney, located at 150 East Broad Street, Columbus, has practiced law in this city
since 1907. He has achieved the reputation of a well trained, scholarly and resourceful attorney, and has been
especially successful in handling corporation matters. Mr. Schanfarber was born at Coshocton, Ohio, June 1, 1886,
the son of Jacob and Carrie (Weil) Schanfarber.
Edwin J. Schanfarber came to Columbus in 1899, where he attended the public schools. He completed his law course
in 1907 and was graduated from the Law School of Ohio State University. He was admitted to the bar and to practice
in that year, and since that time has conducted a general law practice at Columbus.
Mr. Schanfarber's service as a citizen has been notable. Many important projects contributing to the community
advancement have for years received, and continue to receive, valuable leadership in his activities. He has spent
his energies freely and altruistically, with results in proportion. Mr. Sehanfarber is a member of the Board of
Directors of the Jewish Welfare Federation of Columbus; a director of the Columbus Council of Social Agencies;
a director of the Ohio Jewish Orphans' Home, Columbus; a director of the Jewish Orphans' Home, Cleveland, Ohio;
a director of the National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives, Denver, Colorado; and a trustee of the Bryden Road
Temple, Columbus. In 1923 he served as president of the B'nai Brith District No. 2, and in 1926 was president of
the United Jewish Fund of Columbus.
On April 17, 1917, Mr. Schartfarber was united in marriage with Miss Tessie B. Hirsch, of Louisville, Kentucky.
They have three daughters: Jane, Ann, and Betty.
Mr. Schanfarber is a member of the Winding Hollow Country Club, the University Club, Franklin County Bar Association,
and the Ohio State Bar Association.
History of Franklin County, Ohio
Historical Publishing Company
Topeka - Indianapolis 1930
Franklin County, OH
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium