Samuel Huston Miller, M. D. - Born and reared in Columbus, Doctor Miller has since 1928 been one of the prominent
young physicians and surgeons of the city, and is a veteran of the World War. He was born on a farm, which was
located on the present site of Upper Arlington, September 19, 1888, the son of James T. and Esther (Everett) Miller.
James T. Miller was born in Columbus, February 15, 1854, and spent most of his life as a farmer. His land was sold
in 1913 to the Thompson Real Estate Company, and at that time platted as Upper Arlington. Mr. Miller died in 1919
and is buried in Greenlawn Cemetery. His wife is the daughter of David Everett, a farmer, who lived near Dublin,
Ohio. To Mr. and Mrs. Miller were born eight children, as follows: Henry, who is identified with the Bexley Sand
& Gravel Company, 1840 Infirmary Road, Columbus; Samuel Huston, the subject of this sketch; Jessie, Ella, Nancy,
and Almeta, all at home, 1835 Chelsea Road, Columbus; and Ida, married Edward D. Howard, attorney, who lives at
1749 Chelsea Road, and Grace, wife of John Brittam, 1835 Chelsea Road.
Samuel Huston Miller spent his boyhood on his father's farm and attended 5th Avenue School, Columbus. In 1909 he
was graduated from University School, and then entered Ohio State University, where he spent two years. He subsequently
became a student at Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, from which he received the degree of Doctor of Medicine
in 1918. At the outbreak of the World War Doctor Miller enlisted for service and after two months spent at the
Rockefeller Institute he was sent to France as a member of the Thirty second Division. He served with the Medical
Corps and after the Armistice was located at Brest, France, with the evacuation camp. He returned to the United
States in 1920 and engaged in the general practice of medicine at Camden, N. J., until 1928, when he returned to
Columbus and opened offices at 2074 Arlington Avenue. It is a coincidence that the very spot on which Doctor Miller
spent his boyhood should serve as the location for his office as a physician.
Doctor Miller was married on July 17, 1918, to Miss Evelyn Blake, the daughter of George and Elizabeth Blake of
Camden, New Jersey. Mr. Blake is a leading mortician of Camden. To Doctor and Mrs. Miller have been born three
children Margaret, Jane, and Samuel H., Jr.
In politics, Doctor Miller is identified with the Republican party. He holds membership in Trinity Episcopal Church,
and his wife is a member of Lady of Victory Catholic Church. Doctor Miller is also a member of the Kiwanis Club.
He is an enthusiastic fisherman and makes a specialty of deep sea fishing at Cape May.
History of Franklin County, Ohio
Historical Publishing Company
Topeka - Indianapolis 1930
Franklin County, OH
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium