Bernard C. Lang. - One of the active and progressive young business men of Columbus is Bernard C. Lang, who
is general manager of the J. E. McNally Lumber Company. He was born in this city, June 11, 1899, the son of Charles
J. and Elizabeth (Trogus) Lang. Charles J. Lang is a leading building contractor of Columbus, where he has engaged
in business for almost half a century. He was born here in 1870. Some of the outstanding contracts completed by
Mr. Lang are: Holy Name Catholic Church; St. Francis Nurses Home; and St. Mary's School. Mr. and Mrs. Lang have
the following children: Bernard C., the subject of this sketch; Alphonse H., and Joseph M., both associated in
business with their father in Columbus.
Bernard C. Lang attended the parochial schools of Columbus and is a graduate of Aquinas College and the University
of Dayton, having received a B. A. degree from the latter institution in 1918. He began his business career as
a clerk with the J. E. McNally Lumber Company, of Columbus. Later, he became bookkeeper, secretary and treasurer,
and in 1927 accepted the office of general manager of the business, in which capacity he now serves. The business
is located at 2008 Leonard Avenue.
On May 15, 1922, Mr. Lang was united in marriage with Miss Anna Welsch, daughter of August and Anna Welsch, of
Newark, Ohio. To them have been born three children: Bernard C., Jr., born June 20, 1923; James J., born February
4, 1926; and Mary Ann, born July 20, 1929.
Mr. Lang is a member of St. Joseph's Cathedral, and belongs to the Knights of Columbus, third degree, and Lumbermen's
Club, and Chamber of Commerce. He makes his home at 107 Brunson Avenue, Columbus. He is fond of hunting and fishing.
He plays golf and is a football enthusiast.
History of Franklin County, Ohio
Historical Publishing Company
Topeka - Indianapolis 1930
Franklin County, OH
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium