Edgar Burnett Junkennann, M. D. - Numbered among the successful members of the medical profession of Columbus
is Doctor Junkermann, whose practice is limited to internal medicine. He has offices at 35 East Gay Street. Doctor
Junkermann was born at Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio, February 19, 1892, the son of Dr. Charles F. and Ellen
Leazenby (Welch) Junkermann.
Dr. Charles Franklin Junkermann is one of the leading physicians of Columbus. He was born at Sugar Grove, Fairfield
County, Ohio, January 12, 1862. He was educated in the public schools of that village and studied medicine at the
Hahnemann Medical College of Chicago, from which institution he received the degree of Doctor of Medicine in 1889.
He then engaged in general practice in Nelsonville, Ohio, until 1896, at which time he removed to Lancaster, Ohio,
where he remained until 1909. Since that date, Doctor Junkermann has been established in Columbus, where he specializes
in internal medicine, with offices at 35 East Gay Street. His wife was born at Nelsonville, Ohio, September 12,
1866. The children born to Doctor and Mrs. Junkermann were: Anna Forbes (Mrs. Earl A. Butt), of Sapulpa, Oklahoma;
Charles Franklin, died in infancy; Edgar Burnett, the subject of this sketch; Lelia May (Mrs. Herbert F. Law),
of Wheaton, Illinois; and Carl Schulze, who received the degree of Doctor of Medicine at the Hahnemann Medical
College and Hospital of Philadelphia in 1929, and after a year of postgraduate study of gynecology in Germany became
associated with his father and brother in practice.
Edgar Burnett Junkermann attended the public schools of Lancaster, Ohio, and was graduated from the North High
School, Columbus, in 1909. He received the degree of Bachelor of Arts from Ohio State University in 1913, after
which he took up the study of medicine at the Hahnemann Medical College and Hospital of Philadelphia. He was graduated
from that institution in 1917, and at that time was commissioned in the Army for service in the World War. He served
with the Medical Corps of the United States Army until January, 1919, and after his discharge established his practice
in Columbus. Doctor Junkermann has met with unusual success in his practice and is considered one of the most capable
young practitioners in the city.
On December 28, 1915, Doctor Junkermann was united in marriage with Arita Shepard, of Seattle, Washington, the
daughter of Jerome S. and Adaline (Lewis) Shepard, now residents of Columbus. For many years Mr. Shepard was engaged
in ranching on Lake Chelan in Washington, living in Seattle in the winter. To Doctor and Mrs. Junkermann have been
born four children: Ruth Eleanor, born December 8, 1918, Barbara Ann, born March 6, 1921, Charles Franklin, born
December 2, 1222, and Stephen Edgar, born November 28, 1929.
Doctor Junkermann is a member of Grace Lutheran Church. He is affiliated with the Masonic Lodge, and belongs to
the University Club, and Alpha Sigma Medical Fraternity. He holds the rank of major in the Medical Reserve Corps
of the United States Army. He is a member of the American Institute of Homeopathy, the Ohio State Homeopathic Medical
Society, and the staff of White Cross Hospital.
Doctor Junkermann and his family live at 351 Linwood Avenue, Columbus.
History of Franklin County, Ohio
Historical Publishing Company
Topeka - Indianapolis 1930
Franklin County, OH
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium