F. H. Jones, M. D. - Prominent among the younger medical practitioners of Franklin County is Doctor F. H. Jones,
who is engaged in the successful practice of his profession in Columbus, with offices at 1235 West Broad Street.
He was born in Ross County, Ohio, January 15, 1902, the son of John D. and Lottie Lee (Henness) Jones.
John D. Jones is a substantial citizen of Columbus, where he has spent many years. He was born at Clarksburg, Ohio,
where he was reared and educated. He has always followed electrical engineering as a profession and in 1907 came
to Columbus, where he spent one year with the Jeffrey Manufacturing Company. In 1908 he was put in complete charge
of all electrical equipment in the public school system of Columbus, and still holds that responsible position.
He is a Republican, a member of the Methodist Church, and a leading citizen of the community. His wife is also
a native of Clarksburg, Ohio.
Jesse Mills Jones, grandfather of the subject of this sketch, was also a native of Clarksburg, but the family originally
came to Ohio from Virginia. He was the first man to enlist for service in the Civil War from Deerfield Township,
Ross County, and saw active service throughout the war period.
F. H. Jones was five years old when his parents came to Columbus. He received his education in the public schools
of the city and in 1919 was graduated from West High School. He subsequently entered Ohio State University and
in June, 1925, was graduated from the College of Medicine with the degree of Doctor of Medicine. He served his
interneship at Mt. Carmel Hospital, Columbus, and in August, 1926, established his practice at 1338 West Broad
Street. On March 1, 1927, he removed to his present location, where he was associated with Dr. C. J. Burns until
February 1, 1930, at which time Doctor Burns established a private practice on East Broad Street. Doctor Jones
has continued alone since that time. He operates a modern private hospital and clinic, where he carries on an extensive
practice. A graduate nurse is in attendance.
On August 10, 1926, Doctor Jones was united in marriage with Miss Helen G. Downing, of Columbus.
Doctor Jones is identified with the Columbus Academy of Medicine, Ohio State Medical Society, and American Medical
Association. He is a Republican, a member of the Methodist Church, Alpha Kappa Kappa medical fraternity, and Eagles
Club. Hem is also a captain in the Ohio National Guard, Medical Detachment, 134th Field Artillery.
History of Franklin County, Ohio
Historical Publishing Company
Topeka - Indianapolis 1930
Franklin County, OH
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium