Paul R. Gingher. - Among the younger men prominent in the professional and social life of Columbus, one of the
most noteworthy is Paul R. Gingher, attorney. He was born at Lancaster, Ohio, October 18, 1899, the son of Cassius
M. and Irene (Rutter) Gingher.
Cassius Gingher, deceased, was a substantial citizen of Columbus. He was born in Fairfield County, Ohio, and spent
his early life on a farm. He was a carpenter by trade and became a successful building contractor. Mr. Gingher
came to Columbus in 1902 and six years later was appointed deputy building inspector of Columbus under Mayor C.
A. Bond. Later, he was made engineer of construction, and held that office until the time of his death, September
15, 1928. His wife died May 23, 1923. Both are buried at Lancaster, Ohio. Mr. and Mrs. Gingher were the parents
of the following children: Gladys, who died at the age of three years; Dwight L., treasurer of the International
Brick & Tile Company, New Lexington, Ohio, lives in Columbus; Harold E., who is associated in the practice
of law with his brother, Paul R.; and Paul R., the subject of this sketch. Mr. Gingher was an active member of
the Miller Avenue Evangelical Church, of which he served as Sunday school superintendent for twenty years.
Paul R. Gingher obtained his education in the public schools of Columbus. After his graduation from East High School
in 1917 he entered Ohio State University, and while a student there was a member of the Student Army Training Corps.
He later entered the College of Law, University of Cincinnati, from which he received his degree in June, 1922.
After his admission to the Ohio bar, Mr. Gingher immediately engaged in practice in Columbus and in March, 1923,
became associated with Charles S. Druggan. Since 1928 Harold E. Giugher has been a member of the firm. They have
offices in the Atlas Building, 8 East Long Street. Mr. Gingher is active in local politics, being a Republican.
He managed the campaign of John J. Chester, Jr., in his first election as county prosecutor in 1926, and also was
in charge of the campaign of T. B. Mahaffey in his election as judge of Domestic Relations Court. On October 1,
1929, Judge Mahaffey named Mr. Gingher as referee to hear juvenile cases.
On October 18, 1924, Mr. Gingher was united in marriage with Miss Elizabeth Hammond, of Columbus, the daughter
of Todd H. and Agnes M. (Albin) Hammond, the former a native of West Virginia and the latter of Steubenville, Ohio.
Mr. and Mrs. Ginger had a daughter, Virginia Druggan. She was born March 4, 1926, and died August 22, 1929. She
is buried in Eastlawn Cemetery, Columbus.
Mr. Gingher is a member of the Evangelical Church, and belongs to the Masonic Lodge, Aladdin Temple and Shrine,
Phi Gamma Delta fraternity, Order of the Coif, and Columbus Junior Chamber of Commerce. He is a member of the Columbus
Traffic Commission, and chief counsel for the Columbus Automobile Club.
History of Franklin County, Ohio
Historical Publishing Company
Topeka - Indianapolis 1930
Franklin County, OH
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium