Charles F. Frosh, M. D., who is a veteran of the World War, is one of the most successful physicians and surgeons
of Columbus, with offices at 494 St. Clair Avenue. He was born at Zanesville, Ohio, July 12, 1884, the son of Bennett
and Kathryn (Fryer) Frosh.
Bennett Frosh was a native of Germany. He came to this country in 1866, after having spent about twelve years in
England. He located at Newark, Ohio, and from there went to Black Hills, South Dacota, where he was interested
in gold prospecting. Later, he returned to Newark, and subsequently went to Zanesville, Ohio, where he followed
his trade as a tailor. Mr. Frosh came to Columbus in 1895 and died here in 1911. He was a staunch Democrat and
a leader of his party. He was of the Jewish faith and belonged to the Masonic Lodge, Independent Order of Odd Fellows,
and Knights of Pythias. Mr. Frosh died in 1926 and his wife, also a native of Germany, died in 1911. Both are buried
in Greenlawn Cemetery, Columbus. Their children were: Louis, lives in California; Etta, the widow of Emil Kohns,
lives at 1053 Bryden Road, Columbus; Bertha, Helen, and Flora, all unmarried, live in Columbus; Charles F., the
subject of this sketch; Harry, lives at 1867 Franklin Avenue, Columbus; Eva, married Bernard Lehman, lives at 1867
Bryden Road, Columbus; Roy, lives in Columbus; and Sarah, who died in 1905.
The boyhood of Charles F. Frosh was spent at Johnstown, Ohio, and he was eleven years old when his parents settled
in Columbus. He was graduated from North High School in 1902, and received the degree of Bachelor of Arts from
Ohio State University in 1905. He then entered Ohio Medical College, from which he received the degree of Doctor
of Medicine in 1909. He served as an interne at St. Joseph's Hospital, Lorain, Ohio, and was then assistant to
Doctor Wheatley in the Lorain steel plants for one year. Doctor Frosh was then identified with the Polyclinic Hospital,
Chicago, for three months, and with Maternity Hospital, New York City, for one year. He has since engaged in general
practice in Columbus, where he has met with marked success. Doctor Frosh is identified with the Columbus Academy
of Medicine, Ohio State Medical Society, and American Medical Association. He is medical examiner for the Metropolitan
Life Insurance Company in Columbus and physician for the Columbus Malleable Iron Company. He is also a member of
the staff of Mt. Carmel Hospital.
In 1911 Doctor Frosh was united in marriage with Miss Eleanor Buckley, of Lorain, Ohio, the daughter of Gene and
Dora (Minkler) Buckley. The former died in 1910 and the latter lives at Brownhelm, Ohio. Doctor and Mrs. Frosh
have three daughters: Kathryn Alice, born October 14, 1915; Marjorie Louise, born February 18, 1918; and Ruth Eleanor,
born January 15, 1922.
Politically, Doctor Frosh is a Republican. He is affiliated with Columbus Lodge, Free & Accepted Masons, 32nd
degree, Benevolent & Protective Order of Elks, and Knights of Pythias. He was a member of the Ohio Medical
football team in 1905, 1906 and 1907.
History of Franklin County, Ohio
Historical Publishing Company
Topeka - Indianapolis 1930
Franklin County, OH
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium