CLARENCE DOOLITTLE PECK, D. D. S. The leading dentists of Erie County have no more worthy representative than
Clarence D. Peck of Sandusky, who has won for himself a prominent and honored name in professional circles, and
is widely known as secretary of the Northern Ohio Dental Association. He was born in Streetsboro Township, Portage
County, Ohio. a son of Rufus Henry and Amerza (Doolittle) Peck. His mother was the second wife of his father, whose
first marriage was to Sarah Lappin.
Cleaning his first knowledge of the common branches of study in the public schools of his native township, Clarence
D. Peck subsequently attended the Kent High School. Leaving that institution he learned the business of good cheese
and butter making, and for several years was foreman of his father's cheese factory and creamery. At the age of
nineteen he assumed charge of the district school in which his father had first taught. His natural tastes and
aptitude leading him to choose a professional career, he subsequently entered the dental department of the University
of Michigan, and was graduated with the class of 1881. Returning to Ohio, Dr. Peek engaged in the practice of his
profession at Martins Ferry for a year, and then settled in Sandusky, where he has since remained. He has been
successful from the start, winning a noteworthy position in the community not only as a skillful dentist but as
a popular and esteemed citizen.
Dr. Peek married June 18, 1895, Jennie Farwell, who was born in Sandusky, a daughter of Captain Jonathan Walter
and Cordelia Ann (Till) Farwell. The only daughter born of the union of Dr. and Mrs. Peck, a beautiful girl, named
Katherine, died at the age of eight years.
Dr. Peck belongs to numerous organizations, being a member of the Ohio State Dental Association, of the Northern
Ohio Dental Association. the oldest dental organization in existence, having been formed in 1857, and of which
he has been secretary for nine years. For twelve years hem was a member of Company B of the 16th Ohio National
Guard, and during that time served in consecutive order as private, corporal, sergeant, first sergeant, second
lieutenant and first lieutenant. He was one of the pioneers in rifle practice of the state, and participated with
a team from Company B against other teams from his regiment and from other regiments in various rifle contests.
Fraternally he is a member of Science Lodge No. 50, Free and Accepted Masons, and both he and Mrs. Peck belong
to Eleanor Chapter No. 331, Order of the Eastern Star. Both are likewise members of Grace Episcopal Church.
A Standard History of Erie County, Ohio
By: Hewson L. Peeke
Assisted by a Board of Advisory Editors
The Lewis Publishing Company
Chicago and New York 1916
Erie County, Ohio
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium