WILBUR GEORGE WEISS, M. D. One of the successful younger members of the medical profession of Cleveland is Dr.
Wilbur G. Weiss, of the Brooklyn section of the city, who is a native of the East Side.
Doctor Weiss was born in Cleveland on January 4, 1891, and is the son of George A. and Mary (Gerhardt) Weiss, both
natives of this city, and both living. He was graduated from East High School in 1908, following which he continued
a student at that institution, taking the German, Latin and scientific courses, in which he was graduated the following
year. He then entered the medical department of Ohio State University, where he was graduated Doctor of Medicine
with the class of 1916. Leaving medical college, Doctor Weiss served as interne in Grace Hospital, Detroit, and
then entered the general practice of medicine and surgery, with offices on the corner of Pearl Road and Broadview
Avenue in South Brooklyn, where he has since continued, meeting with success and establishing a representative
Doctor Weiss is a member of the Cleveland Homeopathic Medical Society, the Ohio State Homeopathic Medical Society
and the American Institute of Homeopathy, and also holds membership in the Pi Upsilon Rho college fraternity.
In 1917 Doctor Weiss was united in marriage with Miss Dorothy Kinsley, who was born in Illinois, the daughter of
the late N. Kinsley. To their marriage a son has been born, Robert Kenneth, aged four years.
Doctor and Mrs. Weiss are members of the Pearl Road Methodist Episcopal Church. The doctor is a member of Brooklyn
Lodge 576, Knights of Pythias, and a member of the Southwestern Civic and Business Men's Association.
A History of Cuyahoga County
and the City of Cleveland
By: William R. Coates
The American Historical Society
Chicago and New York, 1924
Cuyahoga County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names Q to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium