Biography of Harry H. Ward
Cuyahoga County, OH Biographies

HARRY HOWARD WARD, D. C., Ph. C., is an able and successful exponent of the benignant science of chiropractics as applied to the alleviation of human suffering, and in his chosen profession he has a substantial and representative practice in his native City of Cleyeland, his offices being in suite number one of the Mery Apartments; 3616 West Twenty fifth Street.

Doctor Ward was born in a house at 1552 East Forty third Street, this city, on the 26th of May, 1892, and it is interesting to record that his mother, whose maiden name was Emma Schultz and who is a daughter of the late John Schultz, an early settler of Cleveland, was born in the house next door to that in which her son was born. The Schultz family has been one of prominence in Cleveland and, of German lineage, has represented the most loyal of American citizenship. George W. Ward, father of the doctor, was born in the City of Nashville, Tennessee, in 1862, a son of George Ward, who was a wealthy manufacturer in that city prior to the Civil war, which brought financial reverses to him. George W. Ward learned in his father's factory the trade of toolmaker, and this trade he continued to follow in the South until he came to Cleveland, about thirty years ago. Here he has since maintained his residence, and here he held for eight years the position of superintendent of the Glauber Brass Manufacturing Company. His wife has been a resident of Cleveland from the time of her birth to the present. Of the three children Harry Howard and Howard Harry were twins, the latter being deceased, and the youngest of the children is Howard Chester.

Doctor Ward gained his early education in the public schools of Cleveland, including the East High School, and thereafter he took a course in the pharmacal department of Western Reserve University. For four years thereafter he followed pharmaceutical work in Cleveland, and he then entered the Palmer School of Chiropractic at Davenport, Iowa, where he completed the full three years' course and was graduated with the degrees of Doctor of Chiropractics and Pharmaceutical Chemist. He has sincç been successfully engaged in practice in his native city, is a member of the Universal Chiropractic Association, and of the Ohio State Alumni Chiropractic Association, of which latter he has served as president. He is also a life member of the Trowel Club of the Palmer School of Chiropractic, and served as president (1922) of the Alumni Presidents' Association of that institution. The Doctor is affiliated with Ionic Lodge No. 474, Free and Accepted Masons, with the Masonic Grotto of Shadu Kiam at Detroit, Michigan, and with the Knights of Malta, Cleveland.

July 28, 1918, recorded the marriage of Doctor Ward and Miss Elsie Gottschalk, who likewise was born and reared in Cleveland and who is a daughter of John and Augusta Gottschalk. They have one daughter, Dorothy Louise.

A History of Cuyahoga County
and the City of Cleveland
By: William R. Coates
The American Historical Society
Chicago and New York, 1924

Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies


Cuyahoga County, Ohio Biographies

Names A to G
Names H to P
Names Q to Z



New York



For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012