LEW CHARLES KINTZLER, M. D. One of the successful physicians and surgeons of Cleveland is Dr. Charles C. Kintzler,
who has been in the practice of his profession, with offices at the corner of West Twenty fifth Street and Broad
View Avenue, for the last fifteen years. He was born in the West Side of this city, on October 10, 1883, the son
of Florenz and Minnie Kintzler. His parents were born in Germany, where they were married, and came to the United
States soon afterwards, locating in Cleveland. Later they bought a farm at Brecksville, this county, where they
spent the remainder of their lives.
Doctor Kintzler was reared on the farm at Brecksville, and attended the village schools, graduating from high school
in 1901. He then came into the city and entered the employ of the Cleveland Provision Company, and later was in
the employ of the City Ice & Fuel Company. With money he earned with those companies he entered the medical
department of Ohio State University, where he took the full course and was graduated Doctor of Medicine with the
class of 1907. For the following two years he served as interne at Cleveland City Hospital, and then entered practice
at his present location, where he has since continued.
In 1918 Doctor Kintzler volunteered and was commissioned first lieutenant in the United States Army Medical Corps.
He entered the Officers Training School at Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indianapolis, Indiana, where he was when the
armistice was signed. After his honorable discharge and muster out from the service he resumed practice.
Aside from his profession Doctor Kintzler is interested in the civic and social life of the community, and is always
found ready to lend his assistance to all movements that have for their object the welfare of the city. He is a
member of the Cleveland Academy of Medicine, the Ohio State Medical Society and the American Medical Association,
and belongs to Brooklyn Lodge, Free and Accepted Masons, Glenn Lodge, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, and Sleepy
Hollow Country Club In a business way he is a member of the board of directors of the Pearl Street Savings &
Trust Company, one of the strong banking institutions of the city.
A History of Cuyahoga County
and the City of Cleveland
By: William R. Coates
The American Historical Society
Chicago and New York, 1924
Cuyahoga County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names Q to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium