HARRY SHELDON GILDARD, Doctor of Anatomical Science, has been successfully established in his profession in
Cleveland for several years. He is a very thorough man, has had a wide range of experience, and is one of the leaders
of his profession.
He was born at Mantua, Ohio, March 6, 1876, son of Henry Beaumont and Addie (Skiff) Gildard. His father was born
at Leeds, Yorkshire, England, February 15, 1838. A year later his parents came to the United States and located
at Bridgeport, Connecticut. Henry B. Gildard left home at the age of eleven, and arrived in Ohio in 1855. In that
year he began a four years' apprenticeship at the wagon and carriage maker's trade at Kinsman, Ohio, in Trumbull
County. As a journeyman he followed his trade in different villages of that county, including Cortland. At Cortland,
August 31, 1862, he enlisted in Company B of the One Hundred and Twenty fifth Ohio Infantry, and served as a quartermaster's
sergeant for three years. He was honorably discharged and mustered out at Louisville, Kentucky, September 9, 1865.
In 1878 he located at Solon, Ohio, and lived in that village until his death on July 4, 1920. December 25, 1860,
Henry G. Gildard married Rozelia A. Risley. She died at Cortland, Ohio, October 3, 1870. On March 1, 1873, he married
Addie M. Skiff, daughter of Sabin Skiff, of Hiram, Ohio. She is still living and has two sons, Doctor Gildard and
Harlow E. The latter, a resident of Solon, is in the employ of the New York Central & Hudson River Railroad
Harry Sheldon Gildard was educated in the public schools of Solon, and after his early education followed commercial
lines of work for some years. In 1914 he entered the National College of Chiropractic atChicago, graduated February
14, 1916, and also did post graduate work in eye, nose and throat at Cleveland. He is also a graduate of the original
College of Chiropractic at Fort Wayne, Indiana, and the College of Anatomical Science, Cleveland, Ohio. Doctor
Gildard's offices are at 3744 West Twenty fifth Street. Fraternally he is affiliated with Dennison Lodge, No. 640,
Free and Accepted Masons; with Lakewood Lodge, No. 729, Knights of Pythias; with the Royal Arcanum, Sons of Veterans
and with the Lakewood Baptist Church.
Doctor Gildard married Carrie R. Brayton, of Jerome, Michigan, daughter of Edward Brayton, and they have two daughters,
Margaret and Eleanore.
A History of Cuyahoga County
and the City of Cleveland
By: William R. Coates
The American Historical Society
Chicago and New York, 1924
Cuyahoga County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names Q to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium