BENJAMIN FRANKLIN BLASER. One of the leading real estate men of Cleveland is Benjamin F. Blaser, of the Blaser
Realty Company, whose efforts have contributed greatly to the development of the Brooklyn section of the city,
to which they have given most of their time for the last twenty years.
Mr. Blaser was born on a farm in Wyandot County, Ohio, on July 11, 1878, the son of Godfrey and Rosina (Kuenzli)
Blaser, his father a native of Switzerland, his mother of Holmes County, Ohio. The grandparents on the paternal
side came from Switzerland and settled in Holmes County when Godfrey was a boy of about ten years. After he was
married he located in Wyandot County and followed farming the remainder of his long life, dying there in 1917,
at the age of eighty five years. While carrying on his farm work he served as a minister of the Evangelical Church
for many years. His first wife, Rosina, died in 1885, when her son Benjamin F. was a boy of seven years. His second
wife, Sarah Enfield, who was born in Holmes County, Ohio, survived him several years.
Benjamin F. Blaser was reared on the home farm, and received his preliminary education in the district schools
and the high school at Nevada, the neighboring village. Later he taught for a time in the district schools. He
then entered Ohio Northern University, where he was graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Arts with the class
of 1902, and with the degree of Bachelor of Laws with the class of 1904. He was admitted to the Ohio bar, and for
a time he was in the practice of law at Barberton, Summit County, and then located in Cleveland and continued in
practice for two years. In 1906, associated with his brother Jonathan W., he organized the Dennison Realty Company,
and began the development of the DennisonBrooklyn sub division, and in 1914 they incorporated as the Blaser Realty
Company and located their offices in Brooklyn. Since that time they have continued their sub division enterprise,
with six different allotments. The company is now giving special attention to the handling of business properties
and the building of residences on the South Side, and controls 400 acres of valuable land, situated from four to
fourteen miles distant from the Public Square.
Mr. Blaser is a member of the board of directors of the Broadview Savings & Loan Company and secretary treasurer
of the Altoona Pearl Company. He is a member of the Cleveland Chamber of Industry, the Cleveland Real Estate Board,
and a member of the Official Board of the Pearl Road Methodist Episcopal Church.
In 1913 Mr. Blaser was united in marriage with Miss Emily E. Suroski, who was born in Warsaw, Poland, and came
to America with her parents when she was six years of age. To Mr. and Mrs. Blaser was born a daughter, Dorothy,
who died at the age of six years.
A History of Cuyahoga County
and the City of Cleveland
By: William R. Coates
The American Historical Society
Chicago and New York, 1924
Cuyahoga County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to G
Names H to P
Names Q to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium