C. M. Wilson, who is successfully engaged in the jewelry business at Salem, is a substantial citizen of Columbiana
County. He was born in Salem, April 2, 1867, and is the son of Isaac G. and Anna (Toulman) Wilson.
Isaac G. Wilson, deceased, was a native of Wilmington, Pa., and the son of Marmaduke Wilson, who settled in Salem
with his family in 1865 and conducted one of the first hotels here, the Salem House. He was the son of Samuel Wilson,
who served throughout the War of 1812. Isaac G. Wilson learned the boilermaker's trade in the employ of the Salem
Boiler Works, of which he was later the owner. He conducted this business for many years and after its sale was
identified with the Maims Body Corporation of Salem for several years. He was a prominent politician of his time
and served as city commissioner and service director. Both Mr. and Mrs. Wilson are deceased. She was a native of
England and died in 1913. Only one child was born to Mr. and Mrs. Wilson, C. M., the subject of this sketch.
C. M. Wilson spent his boyhood in Salem and attended the public schools. He was employed by his uncle, S. D. Wilson,
jeweler, for a time and in 1896 established his present business. He handles a high grade line of jewelry, clocks,
silverware, etc. He also is a dealer in pianos, vietrolas, radios, and other musical instruments.
In 1890 Mr. Wilson was married to Miss Iva A. Randels, of Salem, the daughter of J. W. and Maria (Kamp) Randels,
both deceased. They have no children.
Politically, Mr. Wilson is a Republican. He holds membership in the Presbyterian Church and the Masonic Lodge and
the Wilson family has always been representative of the best citizenship in the county.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium