Harold L. Smith, who ranks among East Liverpool's progressive young business men, is a native of this city.
He was born Sept. 18, 1899, and is the son of David B. and Jennie W. (Millward) Smith.
David B. Smith is a native of East Liverpool, as also is his wife. He was a farmer in early life and later learned
the potter's trade in East Liverpool, and is now in the employ of the Dresden Pottery Company. Seven children were
born to Mr. and Mrs. Smith, as follows: Harold L., the subject of this sketch; Kenneth, deceased; Clyde, employed
by the Review Tribune, East Liverpool; Norman, deceased; Ethel, deceased; Wilma and Richard, both students.
Harold L. Smith was reared and educated in East Liverpool and after his graduation from high school in 1918 he
entered the employ of the Star Bargain Company as a clerk. The following year he became connected with the Review
Tribune as an advertising solicitor and remained in that capacity until April, 1925, when he purchased his news
business from C. 0. We4er. Mr. Smith owns the only newstand of its kind in the city and carries a complete line
of periodicals, stationery, sporting goods, confections, cigars, tobaccos, etc.
On Sept. 18, 1920, Mr. Smith married Miss Helen Rinehart, of East Liverpool, the daughter of Roy and Mary Belle
(Thompson) Rinehart. Mr. Rinehart is a well known road contractor and is at present building the road between East
Liverpool and Midland, Pa. He was the first man to build concrete roads in this section. Mr. and Mrs. Smith have
two children: Marjorie Helen, born Nov. 17, 1921; and Robert Francis, born Feb. 6, 1923.
Mr. Smith is a Republican, a member of the First Presbyterian Church, and has an extensive acquaintance throughout
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium