Dr. John Preston Sharp is one of Salem's capable young physicians and surgeons and a veteran of the World War.
He was born in New Jersey, Oct. 29, 1893, and is the son of Dr. Lewis L. and Mary V. (Voorhis) Sharp.
Dr. Lewis L. Sharp, deceased, was a native of New Jersey. He practiced medicine for 23 years at Palmyra, N. J.,
and died in Stone Harbor, N. J., and was brought home for burial. His wife, who was born in Philadelphia, lives
at Palmyra, N. J. They were the parents of the following children: Wendell and Helen, both deceased; John Preston,
the subject of this sketch; Dorothy, married Dr. James E. Brown, lives at Palmyra, N. J.; and Lewis, lives at Palmyra,
John Preston Sharp received his early education at Pahnyra and studied medicine at Hahnemann College, where he
received his degree in 1915. He was then connected with the Homeopathic Hospital of Pittsburgh and later associated
with ten physicians at Niagara Falls, N. Y., as assistant surgeon. During the World War, Doctor Sharp volunteered
for service and was attached to the medical corps at Washington, D. C. He has taken post graduate work at the University
of Pennsylvania, as well as special work in the hospitals of Philadelphia. After practicing his profession for
four years at Niles, Ohio, Doctor Sharp located in Salem in March, 1925, where he has already established an excellent
On Dec. 28, 1920, Dr. Sharp was united in marriage with Miss Mae B. Ward, of Buffalo, N. Y. They have a daughter,
Betty Mae, born Nov. 18, 1921.
Doctor Sharp is an independent voter, a member of the Methodist Church, and is affiliated with the American Legion
and Kiwanis Club of Salem.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium