The National Drawn Steel Company, of East Liverpool, is among the important industries of Columbiana County.
It was organized in 1912 for the purpose of taking over Kidd Brothers & Burgher Steel Company at Aliquippa.
A new building was erected and the entire equipment and tools were moved to this city, together with the men, both
executives and skilled workmen. The new plant at that time had a capacity of about 100 tons per month. This has
been enlarged and equipped with modern machinery and up to date methods until the National Drawn Steel Company
now has a capacity of about 2500 tons per month and before July 1, 1926 will have increased their capacity to 4000
tons per month.
The company is engaged in the processing of cold drawn steel, one of the most interesting operations of the great
steel industry. Its product is used very extensively in the manufacture of automobiles, air plane steel, typewriter
steel, textile steel, machinery steel of all kinds, and is particularly well adapted to produce special shapes.
The National Drawn Steel Company has a capital stock of $450,000, of which $300,000 is common stock and $150,000
preferred stock. It is locally owned and the board of directors and officers are all residents of East Liverpool.
The officers are: J. C. Kelly, president; Patrick McNichol, vice president; R. H. Perry, secretary, treasurer and
general manager; Emil Glaser, assistant general manager; and Ernest Ries, superintendent.
The buildings of the National Drawn Steel Company are of steel and concrete construction and are thoroughly modern
in every respect.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium