W. E. Murray, owner and proprietor of the Central Garage, Damascus, is among the reliable business men of Columbiana
County. He was born at Coshocton, Ohio, Feb. 18, 1890, and is the son of G. W. and Margaret (Schneidiker) Murray.
G. W. Murray is a native of Ohio, as is his wife. They reside at Coshocton.
W. E. Murray spent his boyhood at Coshocton and attended the public schools. He learned the rug weaving business,
at which he was employed for five years, and he then entered the employ of the Sebring Pottery Company, Sebring,
Ohio. After 12 years in their employ he became interested in the automobile business and is now the agent for the
Studebaker, Durant, and Star cars at Damascus, in Butler Township. Mr. Murray is an expert mechanic and operates
a first class repair shop.
In September, 1908, Mr. Murray was united in marriage with Miss Virginia Stillman, the daughter of George and Carrie
(Neff) Stillman, living in Sebring, Ohio. They have two children: Carrie Margaret, born June 12, 1909; and George
Edward, born Aug. 11, 1911.
Mr. Murray holds membership in the Methodist Episcopal Church, and belongs to the Knights of Pythias of Sebring
and the Modern Woodmen of America.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium