C. H. Moore is a leading and successful young business man of East Liverpool and a veteran of the World War.
He was born at Clinton, Pa., Nov. 12, 1894, and is the son of J. N. and Anna (Craven) Moore.
J. N. Moore, deceased, was a native of Pennsylvania. During his active career he was employed on boats on the Allegheny
River. He died in 1918 and is buried at Clinton, Pa. His wife resides in East Liverpool. Mr. and Mrs. Moore had
four children: W. R., lives in East Liverpool; Nellie, married George M. Stull, deceased, and she resides in East
Liverpool; Etta, married C. E. Merriman, lives at Mt. Morris, Ill.; and C. H., the subject of this sketch.
C. H. Moore was educated in the public schools of East Liverpool and after finishing his school work learned the
automobile mechanic's trade, which he has since followed. On Jan. 1, 1925, he engaged in partnership with Harold
F. Vorndran, and they are proprietors of the Columbia Garage. They are agents for the Chippewa, Freedom, and Standard
Oil Companies, and the Columbia Garage is an authorized Raybestos service station. They carry a complete line of
automobile accessories and do general repair work.
On May 10, 1917, Mr. Moore enlisted for service during the World War at Pittsburgh and was assigned to Headquarters
Company, 15th U. S. Engineers. He sailed for France July 9, 1917, and arrived in Liverpool, England, July 19th.
He served throughout all the major engagements of the war and was discharged at Camp Sherman, Ohio, May 15, 1919.
Mr. Moore is a Republican, a member of the Methodist Church, and the American Legion. He has a wide acquaintance
in Columbiana County.
History of Columbiana County, Ohio
By: Harold B. Barth
Historical Publishing Company
Columbiana County, Ohio Biographies
Names A to F
Names G to M
Names N to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium